To digitise the Doncaster 1914-18 project collection, so that it can be uploaded onto our online resource and accessed by the public.
- To scan or photograph First World War-related items from Doncaster’s library, museum and archive collections, including objects, images, newspaper articles and reports.
- To record information about each item, so that its details can be easily found in the database by both heritage staff and the public.
- To prepare digitised objects for online use by altering their size and adding them to our database – training will be provided.
- To ensure that all digitised objects are stored and recorded according to heritage guidelines, to ensure that they are preserved for the future.
- Volunteers may be asked to undertake other duties where necessary within the scope of this role.
The digitisation process will provide on-going opportunities until 2018, with time scales set to monitor progress throughout the project.
Items from the Doncaster 1914-18 project exhibitions will be available for the public to view and contribute to, as part of our online digital resource.
Doncaster Museum, Doncaster Central Library and Archives. Opportunity to digitise at project events.
- IT literate
- Interested in, or wants to learn more about, technology
- Enjoys working in a hands-on role
- Interested in history, in particular; Doncaster’s local, social, military or family history.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Training and support to help you develop in your role
- Opportunity to be part of a vibrant and dedicated team
- Opportunity to work on a brand new, Doncaster-based resource
- Travel expenses, CV & skills enhancement, with references for long term volunteers working with us for more than 6 months