To help Doncaster 1914-18 deliver the Great War on Tour. The Great War on Tour is a travelling display that will promote the project’s research and facilitate access to the online resource. It will also contain interactive elements such as replica World War One objects, replica uniforms, a photo booth and craft activities.
- Support the Community and Education Engagement Officer in delivering the Great War on Tour at various locations across the Doncaster borough, including libraries, fairs, festivals and historic sites.
- Aid visitors in contributing to and accessing the Doncaster 1914-18 digital resource. Full training and support will be provided.
- Greet visitors to the Great War on Tour and raise awareness of the Doncaster 1914-18 project.
- Assist with the interactive elements of the Great War on Tour. Including facilitating the use of handling objects, craft activities and costume box.
- To undertake the physical setting up or packing down of sessions and help with housekeeping duties.
- Volunteers may be asked to undertake other duties where necessary within the scope of this role.
The Great War On Tour will be going out into the community over the course of the project until 2019. Volunteers can sign up for as many dates as they wish.
The Great War on Tour will raise awareness of the Doncaster 1914-18 project. It will encourage people to attend our events and exhibitions and contribute to the digital resource.
Where the role is based will be dependent on the individual volunteer package undertaken. Varied roles will involve working on original documents in Doncaster Archives and microfilms within the Local Studies Library. There are also opportunities to undertake research from home
- Interested in history, in particular; Doncaster’s local, social, military or family history.
- Friendly, approachable and confident in a busy environment
- Enjoy meeting and working with new people
- Willingness to accompany the Great War on Tour at various locations across the Borough
- Willingness to undertake training relevant to the role.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Training and support to help you develop in your role
- Opportunity to be part of a vibrant and dedicated team
- Chance to meet new people and teach them valuable skills
- Opportunity to work on a brand new, Doncaster-based resource
- Travel expenses/transport, CV & skills enhancement, with references for long term volunteers working with us for more than 6 months