To promote the project and our events in person and online and build public engagement with the project.
- Assist with production and distribution of project marketing information including leaflet distribution and mail outs
- Identifying and uploading web listings
- Online content generation and management including identifying trends and publicity opportunities
- Photographing project events
- Collating event and evaluation statistics
- Maintaining marketing spreadsheets
- Other tasks to be agreed with supervisor
Ongoing throughout project with particular emphasis on promotion before large events and exhibition launches
The project will be publicised and promoted encouraging even more members of the public to engage with it.
Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery. There is the possibility to undertake this volunteering opportunity from home.
- A keen interest in history, in particular; Doncaster’s local, social, military or family history
- IT skills including management of social media accounts
- Experience using WordPress and publishing and design programmes such as Photoshop and InDesign: desirable but not essential.
- Willingness to learn new skills/programmes
- Good communication skills
- Reliable with good attention to detail
- Interest in photography
WHAT WE OFFER
- Training and support to help you develop in your role
- The opportunity to help us shape our marketing and communications for the project and gain relevant experience
- Opportunity to be part of a vibrant and dedicated team
- Opportunity to work on a brand new, Doncaster-based resource
- Travel expenses, CV & skills enhancement, with references for long term volunteers working with us for more than 6 months